Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Goodbye...For Now.

It seems appropriate that the end of the calendar year also signals the end of regular blog posts at Monkey Slough, at least for a few months. When I started the blog, I set a goal of posting at least once a week. In the two years (more or less) this blog has been active, I have met this goal with 131 posts.

Unfortunately, at least for the blog, the first quarter of 2017 looks especially demanding. Thus, I have decided to stop regularly posting until at least the middle of April. If something happens that I think requires comment - for example if the Supreme Court of the Unites States decides Moore v. Texasa post will appear. I have been following the issues litigated in that case for so long now - actively since 2009 - that the SCOTUS decision in that case is too important not to post about.

In the meantime, please take a gander at archived material if so desired. I tried to write honestly about local Brazos County criminal justice issues. The series of posts about my county's lack of pre-trial diversion and lack of use of cite and release involving personal use amounts of marijuana has been popular, as has the three part series "Death Penalty Capital U.S.A."

A couple of individual posts I return to and re-read on a regular basis are a paean to one of the most unique clients I have known in "Ode to Shirley," and "To the Kid I Saw In Target Yesterday," about an encounter my autistic son and I had at the namesake retailer.

So, to quote from that noted sage Truman Burbank..."Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night!"

No comments:

Post a Comment