Thursday, March 5, 2015

Bouquet By Numbers

When young it is difficult to know which life experiences will cleave to you.. I have written before about the Texas indigent inmate cemetery, The Byrd cemetery, near the Sam Houston State University campus. The post, "A Trip to Peckerwood Hill", was a direct result of my discovery of the Byrd cemetery during my college years in Huntsville, Texas. I visit the place virtually every time I am in Huntsville.

It was also were the basis for the a short story which won the 2012 Texas Bar Journal Short Story Contest. It appears below not just because my blog masthead promises different communicative platforms, but because the story itself is grounded in a actual place and, although fictional, a ritual that occurs weekly.

 It also evokes a point of view on important issues in the criminal justice system.

Without further ado, Bouquet By Numbers, as published in the June 2012 edition of the Texas Bar Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment